-=PCTechTalk=- Re: help going online

  • From: Don <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 11:51:14 -0400

Also, the first time you connect to the internet you tell your computer
how you are connecting.  If the laptop was previously told to connect
via dial-up, it may balk at connecting via LAN instead.

In internet explorer look under tools/internet options/connections.  At
the top of the dialog box look under Setup.  It might say you are
already connected, but if not proceed to setup a new connection.  At the
bottom of that dialog box is LAN settings.  You probably don't need to
do anything there but look anyway.  If anything other than Automatically
Detect Settings is checked then uncheck it.  In IE 8, on my wireless
connection, nothing at all is checked.

Don

Gman wrote:
> It shouldn't take any more than what you've done, unless you have some
> security app blocking the connection.  Leave the cable attached to the
> laptop and reboot.  If that doesn't work, I have to wonder if the cable
> itself may be failing.
>
> Peace,
> Gman
>
> http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.php