-=PCTechTalk=- Re: freezing

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 21:42:17 -0800

Hi Kathy,
that would indicate that the problems has existed for a longer period than
the registry has saved.

You may have to go in and manually clean out the extra files and old
programs that are left on the computer.

If you can save as many of your files, and programs that you may have
downloaded, you could do a reinstall of Windows.

You will have to have your drivers, and internet setting saved so that you
can re input the information if something goes wrong.

You may wish to do a clean install if you can backup all your important
information.
It will be much better and is the only sure way to erase all the old
problems.

http://www3.telus.net/mikebike
<http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes_virus_page.htm>
A Technical Support Alliance & OWTA Charter Member

On 14/01/2004 at 11:16 PM Kathy M wrote:

Hi Mike...I did as per instructions but when i got to step 4...none of them
had "started" so i went to the first one on the bottom of the list of i
believe 4 and tried it and it said "failed"...is there anything else that i
can do...thanx...Kathy