-=PCTechTalk=- Re: defrag

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 07:58:34 -0700

Hi Mick,
I have responded to a lot of defrag questions.
normally the problems are caused by something running
in the background, which is why we normally recommend
running it in Safe Mode.

I also recommend a couple of programs to make it easier to run;

EndItAll is an excellent program, I have been using it for a
couple of years now.
I prefer the original though it is much easier to use.
http://chucklit2.netfirms.com/enditall.html  original

Another good program to help with the tasks is;
Power Defrag
http://www.powerdefrag.com/
Power Defrag 2.00 is a system tool for Win 95/98/98 SE/ME
which improves the performance of the Microsoft disk
defragmenter tool and prevents some common types of crashes.

~~~~

http://www3.telus.net/mikebike
See my Anti-Virus pages ~ http://virusinfo.hackfix.org

On 13/07/2002 at 1:50 AM Camper Mick wrote:

Can I ask a question here? I run defrag from windows. I do
'cntr-alt-del' and close everything. I then run scandisk then
defrag. I
usually do a little clean up prior to this. I am talking about win
98 se.
Am I doing something wrong? Why do you guys defrag in safe mode?