-=PCTechTalk=- Re: defrag

  • From: "Mike the mod" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 16:02:43 -0800

Hi Sandi,
I have spent about 20 hours in 12 phone calls to
Norton support in the last 2 weeks.
NIS 2007 would not install with NSW 2003 on the computer.

3 calls yesterday and 5hrs:<(

There response it to use the Norton Remover to
remove all Norton products then reinstall the ones you want.
Tiny URL =3D http://tinyurl.com/2wpfwu

<http://service1.symantec.com/support/sharedtech.nsf/docid/2005070717173313?=
OpenDocument&seg=3Dhho&src=3D_mi&product=3Dsymsetup&version=3D2006&language=
=3Denglish&module=3DStartServices&error=3D1603&build=3DRetail>

BTW when I installed Trend AV it told me I had Norton
on  my computer and asked if I wanted to remove it.

I said Yes and Trend PcCillin Internet Security installed
without complications.

IHTH

Mike the mod @ PCTechTalk & vista_
******* Mike's  REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 3/4/2007 at 4:58 PM Sandi Beach wrote:

In the add/remove programs I have to entries for Norton.
One for Norton Internet Security and the other is Norton
System Works.  Both are 2006.  If I decide to remove just
the virus protection do I remove Norton Internet
Security only?
Sandi