-=PCTechTalk=- Re: = can't save [xphomes2]

  • From: "~OoO~" <sirtroth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 01:21:35 -0500

Why even bother removing it if you're gonna reinstall anyway? You are =
reinstalling XP from scratch, right? If so, you're gonna want to =
completely formatthe drive, which means iTunes goes to the can =
automatically.

____________________________________
Sir Troth
ICQ #1717439
AIM/AOL: SirTrothX
Yahoo: SirTroth
MSN: SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxx
        (do not email me here)
My Personal Email: SirTroth@xxxxxxxxx

=20

From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 22:33:20 -0500
I'm trying to limit the scope of the problem and so far nothing
has helped
do that.  For example.... is it ONLY document files (rtf, txt
and doc) or is
it ONLY on a single computer or ONLY in Microsoft software....
you get the
idea?
With regard to items 8 and 9:  If you copy file(s) to a CD or
floppy disk
and take them to a different computer do they edit and save OK?
If yes, that virtually eliminates file structure and file
content as
possible causes of the problem and points a very strong finger=20
at
your
computer... hardware or software...  and I would aim towards the
software.
Since SAVE and SAVE AS involve basic operating system functions
I would
suspect corruption in your OS and suggest a repair or reinstall
or at least
run a diagnostic and repair tool like Norton WinDoctor.
If no, I would suspect the software is creating a corrupt file
and would
look for something in common between the various programs where
the problem
occurs, such as a shared file.  Or, if the problem is across
different
software and software publishers (in other words, some
non-microsoft
software is included), I would again suspect corruption in your
OS and
suggest a repair or reinstall or at least run a diagnostic and
repair tool
like Norton WinDoctor.

Don

----- Original Message -----=20