-=PCTechTalk=- Re: anitviral

  • From: <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 18:17:44 -0700

When I got my computer.... Norton Ani-virus was installed.
After the freebie time expired..I got an update note from Norton to extend
the protection.

For some reason... it gave me a 3 year renewal for $3.95.

I thought it was a mistake..and thought they were charging me PER yr... and
that it was to be able to get just updates of the virus's it protects
against as opposed to software upgrades.

I was wrong.  They charged my card $3.95 and it showed in my Norton that it
indeed was good for 3 more years.

Well, a few months later..I bought windows XP.. and got Norton Systemworks
and Personal Firewall for FREE..so..... I gave up the other Noton as I had
nothing left on my system to prove I had it..and I did not really care.  I
had my hard drive reformatted and did a clean install of XP.

Just thought I would share my experience.

I now buy the new version of SystemWorks each year and the Personal
Firewall.  The changes have been worth it and it you are a smart shopper..
you can get both programs after rebates for less than $30.

We have two computers running every day..and buy them for both computers...
and do the Win Doctor before shutting down every night.  We believe that
this, coupled with Windows XP and CleanUp! keep us in good shape.

Just my two cents!

Rose
Las Vegas