-=PCTechTalk=- Re: anitviral

Yes, it is on my system now as it was part of the
software that came with the computer when I purchased
it a few years back...just never upgraded the virus
protection (program itself) though I  have purchased
the liveupdate renewal as I didn't want any nasties
creeping about...since it's almost time for me to
purchase another renewal I was thinking of going and
purchasing the software (2003) over the counter and I
was just asking your opinion on how it
functions...thanks for your response.

BashfulBob <BashfulBob@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hi

Ok I am and was happy with the virus protection. I
think it is the best.

I am not happy with what they FORCE you to do, to
resolve problems. When I
subscribed, paid them and it went to install the
subscription, it said the
live update would come up and finish doing the
subscription process. It
never did come up. I contacted them through email.
They consider email
"online contact." Email takes a while and they would
not call me, they
wanted me to call them at there posted rates. To call
them to straighten out
the problem (which involved going into the registry,
which I am very
reluctant to do just following written instructions)
and incur the cost plus
the cost of the renewal subscription amounts to more
then what it would cost
to purchase 2003 AV over the counter (assuming you use
the cheap rate of
$29.95 per incident call). That is ridiculous. Or they
suggested I take it
to a tech, that is about $75 per hour.

In summary, if you need their assistance, you will
have to pay for the call
each time you call them or take it to a tech,
providing you can not (for
what ever reason) follow their instructions by email.
Plan on, at least,
several days for the email back and forth to take to
resolve the issue. In
short, customer satisfaction is not a requirement with
them.

Hope that made sense.

I do not know what they charge for system works
renewal subscription, but
the AV subscription is $15.

It can be reinstalled ( I am assuming) and that means
I have to go buy it
over the counter.

I am assuming that since you purchased the
subscription, you went thought
the process of d/l it and installing it on your
system. So it should be on
your system now, if I understand your email correctly.
Life is what happens in between plans.

Virus free email by Norton's