-=PCTechTalk=- Re: anitviral

Bob,

I do not blame you for being frustrated.

I had something go wrong with my Norton..and the error message was something
like ..it could have been because something was trying to disable it.

I tried a regular uninstall and reinstall..and that did not work.  Why
should a 'regular' thing work?????

It was amazing how many places that Norton inserts itself in your system but
does not un insert itself when uninstalled.

But, then think of all it does..and I guess that is not so unusual.

I have to admit..any other company or product..I would have called..and have
callled... but.. this was not an option for me.

So... I had to consider my options...

Option 1.
    Go through all their steps...(which, once I printed out the pages..and
made myself a checklist..(in absolute silence..no interruptions) made a lot
of sense....

Or
Option 2.
    Copy all my stuff from my C: that would not be replaced by windows XP
and reformat my C:
The latter option also means EVERY program would have to be reinstalled...
AND....I better have the source disks... and serial numbers...etc.

So, I took option one and printed everything out.  I did NOT want to edit
the registry.... but, again, I had system restore running and Go Back...
so... I bit the bullet..

But, I did make sure I had the disks and/or download files and serial
numbers...'just in case'
 Worst case scenerio.. I would be at option 2.  Reformatting the C: and
reinstalling XP and all my programs..which was option 2.

Once I read through the instructions..again..in silence and alone... it
started to come together.  I was not near as difficult..nor as unnerving as
it was before I started.  I think one reason was....I knew what the worst
thing was that could happen..and I had a plan in case that did happen.

(If you have a friend..who can handle you when you are stressed.. and will
do nothing but read directions... and check off the list with/for  you..
that is good.. This is what I call a sanity check..   Did I do this
step...is this the next step.....???? that kind of stuff  .lol!)

Maybe I was lucky... But, Knock on wood..knock..knock...knock.... I
survived.  I do think the worry was worse than reality.

And..I was told... this... keep it in mind......

90 % of what you worry about never happens.
90% of what happens... you never worried about.....
So... You are worrying about the wrong things...so... Why worry... Stuff
happens!

hugs,
Rose
Las Vegas