-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Virtual Memory

  • From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 10:31:49 -0500

In Windows Xp click START and then Help and Support.
In the search box type in virtual memory.
In the resulting list of topics, click on Change the size of the virtual
memory paging file.
Follow the instructions in the right hand pane.

The current settings will be displayed.  Change it as required.  The default
setting is 1.5 times the amount of RAM (if you have 512MB of RAM the default
setting should be 768MB.

If you are doing a lot of memory intensive work, such as editing movies or
use a lot of memory hog software you may need a larger page file.

While reading the help file, click on a few of the related topics and read
up a bit before you make changes.

Don