-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Virtual Memory

  • From: "Sir Troth" <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 23:53:19 -0500

You don't have to have exactly 1.5x your current RAM. That's just an index you
can use. If you have 2GB of RAM, you probably won't need much virtual RAM. But,
you can give it about 512MB to 1GB virtual memory and you should be fine.
In general, only YOU will know how much you need. If you do A LOT of intensive
memory stuff, give it about a gig of virtual RAM.

---Troth