-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Virtual Memory

  • From: "Judith Tramayne" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 10:22:10 -0800

I used to have a slow rendering rate with Paint Shop Pro 9 on my
laptop with 512 MB of memory especially if I was painting large
graphics.

Painting and photo editing software needs 1 GB of RAM to really
hum along.  With 2 GBs now on my desktop, nothing is slow
anymore and I can have 4 to 5 programs running at once if I
want.

My laptop is now used for writing in my recliner :-) and not
painting.

Judith
http://www.agoodread.com
Sharing is the key to all our $uccess!