-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Transfering data from old computer to new

  • From: jeff <jeff57@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 22:19:08 +0100

 hi Tina have you run XP,s network wizard.   Jeff   On Thu, 11 Sep 2003
07:51:15 -0400, phophetess wrote: >I hope someone can help me. I have an old
computer running ME and >want to >transfer some files, programs and such to
the new computer running >XP. >>I purchased a null modem cable and cannot
geteither computer to >"see" a >connection.The older computer, set as host,
keeps asking me if the >new >computer, set as guest, is turned on! lol The
new computer isn't >saying >anything, just keeps looking. >>I tried setting
up a direct link and then tired using the file and >settings >transfer
wizardunder XP, but neither way is working. >If anyone knows how to do this,
please email me and let me know. >By the way, both do have USB ports and
someone suggested going that >route or >going with a parrallel port cable. I
know even less about these >options! >Thanks, >Tina