-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Transfering data from old computer to new

  • From: "~OoO~" <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 08:40:24 -0400

Let's see... in the last 2 months, I've purchase 3 CD burners. I already have a
Plextor 24-speed for my main system, of which I paid $140 when it was still
fresh from the manufacturers. But, in the last two months I purchased 3 more
for various reasons... one for my second system, one for a friend and one for
my work computer. The first cost me $20 after rebate, the second cost me $15
after rebate, and the last cost me $15 after rebate. I didn't buy a forth but
was tempted, cause Circuit City had a Lite-On for $10 after rebate. So, if
you're fortunate to be in the right area, you can find some cheap ones with
rebates.
About 2 months ago I purchased a DVD burner... the Sony DRU510A multi-format,
to be exact. While everyplace else, including Sont, had it for minimal $329
plus tax/shipping, I managed to find it online for $288 including tax and
shipping. So, if you shop online, you can find them cheaper.

A regular DVD-Rom you can purchase for around $50 here in NY.

Where you from Lionel?

---Troth