-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Transfering data from old computer to new

  • From: ~Lacey~ <stormy1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 07:22:25 -0700

I have to agree with Troth on this one -- even if you do have a burner and
transfer cables the easiest and fastest way is to take the old hard drive
and hook it up to the new computer as a slave or 2nd hard drive.

I've always just made a new folder on the hard drive called it something
like "stuff from old drive" and transfered everything over (except
c:\windows) in one fell swoop. You don't need any fancy hardware -- I
usually grab a kleenex box and rest the old hard drive on that while I'm
transferring stuff -- as long as the cable reaches you're set. Once you've
got it transferred you can take away the old drive, close up your tower and
then everything you may need is in that folder to either move somewhere else
or delete if you find you didn't need it after all.

Thats my 2cents worth anyway :)

~Lacey~