-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Pccillin Firewall (was Deleted Mail)

  • From: "Brenda" <pima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 17:37:13 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

i also downloaded from that site a program......that made an icon on my t=
ask
bar.....so i am covered i think....?ive run a scan a few times daily  sti=
ll=20
find nothing...since my removals=0D
=0D
-------Original Message-------=0D
=0D
From: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx=0D
Date: Thursday, July 25, 2002 02:05:51 PM=0D
To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx=0D
Subject: -=3DPCTechTalk=3D- Re: Pccillin Firewall (was Deleted Mail)=0D
=0D
Good afternoon=0D
=0D
I hope the link below is not your download of Trend=0D
Pccillin Program?! The link below is Only for the=0D
ONLINE scan by the Makers of Pccillin it is NOT the=0D
program Pccillin itself. The Online scan would=0D
require you to download a small file (named=0D
xscan53.cab) to help with the Online scan which may=0D
or maynot be deleted once the online scan is complete=0D
To search for ONLINE scan file(s) try looking for:=0D
=0D
Patch.exe found in the Windows directory (approx=0D
124kb) as well as any files in the AUbin folder=0D
found in the windows directory unzip.dll found in=0D
the Windows directory if the properties state version=0D
information of Trend Micro, Zlib.dll found in the=0D
windows directory if version information is of Trend=0D
Micro =0D
=0D
*********** REPLY SEPARATOR ***********=0D
=0D
On 7/25/02 at 12:21 PM Brenda wrote:=0D
=0D
>I DID ALL OF THE ABOVE.... AND EVEN MANUALY removed=0D
the worm. and=0D
>rescanned=0D
>to be sure=0D
>http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_pcc.as=0D
p=0D
>----- Original Message -----=0D
Deleted Mail)=0D
>=0D
>=0D
>>=0D
>> Good morning Brenda=0D
>>=0D
>> OK this is going to sound like one of those "duh"=0D
>> questions but I have to ask.=0D
>>=0D
>> Since you downloaded Which program ? (just to=0D
>> verify) And simply downloading a program means=0D
>> nothing unless its installed, updated and=0D
configured=0D
>> properly and most important Constantly running in=0D
the=0D
>> background in the case of antivirus/security=0D
>> programs.=0D
>>=0D
>> Christy=0D
>>=0D
>> *********** REPLY SEPARATOR ***********=0D
>>=0D
>> On 7/25/02 at 10:13 AM Brenda wrote:=0D
>>=0D
>> >thanks,,,so this means since I downloaded the=0D
>> program I am protected?=0D
>> >BRENDA=0D
=0D
=0D
To unsub or change your email settings:=0D
//www.freelists.org/webpage/pctechtalk=0D
=0D
To access our Archives:=0D
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PCTechTalk/messages/=0D