-=PCTechTalk=- Memory question

  • From: "Clinton Driggars" <driggars@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 16:13:30 -0500

I am still doing some maintenance on some of my older computers. My question
is, how is the best way to read the memory chips to determine what the memory
MB is, and is there a way to determine how much memory a system cam take if the
documentation is not available.
I have one of them that has 2 strips an that is all it will take is two
the strip says Dimm 32M   It has 8 Chips to a strip. I would assume that this
is a 32 MB strip. I will pull the next one in a moment and ask about it unless
someone can tell me how to read them
Clint