-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Java Update

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 02:14:31 -0400

Glo,
    The 'moron' in this situation is the person who had the final say on how
these infernal contraptions should be set up, many many years ago.  The rest
of us are just stuck in this situation they brough about becuse they didn't
have the foresight to see just how limited their final design would be to
the incredible growth of computer technology.

    It sounds to me like you did actually get to the point of installing
that Java download, although I'd feel better about it if you'll let me have
a peek under the hood.  If there's something getting in the way if it
updating properly, that should be dealt with sooner than later.

    It also sounds like you would get a TON of benefit out of running the
CCleaner utility on your system to deal with some of the mess you're talking
about here.  CCleaner looks for partially uninstalled apps, orphaned files &
reg entries, Temp files, etc. and presents a comprehensive list for you to
jettison off the hard drive.  Most folks are astonished at how much junk
this thing finds and removes.  It's the absolute closest thing to a registry
cleaner that I'll likely ever use, but it does a whole lot more than that.
If you choose to give it a spin, be aware that the initial scan will likely
take a couple of hours to run since it look sat every file available to the
system.

http://www.ccleaner.com/

Peace,
Gman

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.php

"The entire future of humankind is yet to be written"