-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Java Update

  • From: "Sandi Beach" <sandib2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 12:06:41 -0500

G, I think I have everything under control for now.
That never seems to last very long in my case!  The reference to Dev Kit
came about because I attempted to update Java through Secunia and it
directed me to a page that had a lot of stuff on it and one was the Dev Kit.
Being an impatient sort when it comes to computer problems, I started
searching for the right update this morning.  I started with Win Patrol and
found the site for update 15 for Java and I now have it downloaded and
installed.  I went to add/remove programs to be sure I did not still have
update 14 and it was not there so I think I am fine.  I also went to
advanced mode in Secunia and removed the ignore for Java 6 update 14.
Oh, and I verified on the Java site that I now  indeed have the updated Java
15.
I have also returned to the simple mode in Secunia.  If that is not a good
idea, I will need some help with the insecure items found in advance mode.
Sandi