-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Java Update

  • From: "Sandi Beach" <sandib2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 15:01:04 -0500

Glo, if it's any comfort (misery loves company?) I had a problem updating
Java on my daughter-in-law's computer this past week-end.  I saved it as I
normally do (I had created a folder for downloads in her My Documents folder
where I planned to put it.)  Then I could not find it anywhere.  A search
showed no Java l5 anywhere  that I could install. I was puzzled (still am).
Went back and downloaded it again and this time I chose to run it and the
wizard helped me through the install process.   I looked in Add/Remove
programs and the new one was there and no sign of the old one.
And on this same subject, I do not have the option to run instead of save
when I download using Firefox.  Sometime the instruction are to run it and I
am unable to do that.
And that first attempt I spoke of--- it may be running around somewhere on
their computer.  I hope it does not cause any problems!!
Sandi