-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Double dutch in e-mails ?

  • From: "Wyatt M. Portendt" <nunyabidness6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 18:09:45 -0500

Most object to the size difference (as much as ten times or even more) and
the security flaws.  Viruses can't be imbedded in plain text, they have to
be sent as attachments (which most prudent people avoid) whereas viruses
and worms CAN be imbedded in HTML and passed unknowingly in a message
without the sender or receiver knowing it happened.  HTML hogs bandwidth,
slowing down the mail servers, taking unneeded disk space, and generally
utilize resources unneeded for the purpose of the message - which is to
convey information.

~~~~~~~~~

On 10/21/2002 at 2:20 PM a whisper was heard, and the one known as
SandiBeach was rumoured to have uttered....

          |  One more question before we leave this subject.
          |  What do people object to in HTML e-mail messages?  I don't see
          |  any
          |  difference since I changed to plain text.  Do you all see
          |  something
          |  different when you received my messages in HTML than you see
          |  now?
          |  Sandi

*******
All the preceding is solely my own opinion not necessarily held by any
other person in any other place at any other time.  No warranty express or
implied.  Author takes no responsibility for the accuracy or usefulness of
this or any rebutttal information.  If you do not agree with this post,
please click delete and move on.