-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Double dutch in e-mails ?

  • From: "Sylvia" <sylviam@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 20:47:26 -0600

Sandi, I help moderate a small stationery group, so I use HTML a lot.
BUT...I also use plain text even more. So, if you are using OE I can suggest
the following:

I run W98, IE/OE5.5. I keep my settings on plain text ALL THE TIME. If I
want to send stationery, I don't change my settings, I just go to
Message>New Message Using> and select my stationery from that list or go on
down to the Select Stationery which takes you into OE's stationery folder
and choose from there.

The only time I ever change my settings is in the event I wish to forward an
HTML/Stationery/RTF message exactly as it was sent to me. And after sending,
I change it back to plain text as fast as humanly possible, LOL.

If you want to embed a graphic into your message, since you are in plain
text...you ARE in plain text right? heheh With your new message open, just
go up to Format>Rich Text (HTML). You will see your plain text message
become RTF. Now after addressing etc, click once in the body of the message.

Choose the icon that looks like a post card on the far right of the middle
menu bar. When you hover your mouse over it, a pop-up menu tells you it is
to "insert picture". Click that and browse to where you stored the image you
want to send. You will get a window with some choices, you can pick the way
you want the image to be displayed, IF you want to. You can have it set on
the left and the text will flow around it, and so forth.

HTH and if I can help  you more,  just give me a holler.

Sylvia