-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Double dutch in e-mails ?

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 15:34:24 -0700

I had that problem also.
I use Calypso as well.

I think I have it resolved by setting my word wrap to 63 characters,
Character set U.S. ASCII Tahoma 10pt.

I only use the 'Enter' key at the end of a paragraph.

I will reformat the text below removing the ='s

See my Anti-Virus pages ~ http://virusinfo.hackfix.org
A Technical Support Alliance Member
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/techsupportalliance/

On 20/10/2002 at 12:02 PM Wyatt M. Portendt wrote:

You are most probably right about it being only in replies.  I use Calypso,
and it is plain text, so I don't know....

I am on other lists and this doesn't happen.  It has something to do with
the way freelist handles mail.  I found a link that may give me some
insight, but I'll have to get quiet time to follow it.  With four kids and
football, I couldn't follow this to save my life at this moment.  <G>
('Enter' key used here)
If you wanna see it, here 'tis...

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1521.html

A quick glance told me this is the why of it, I need to dig further to find
out how to fix it.  It really isn't a big problem....just an annoyance.
('Enter' key used here)
  I'll get to it probably after football season.  If it is related to my
email program, I'll live with it.  I don't think it is and I'm not dumping
Calypso.  It's the best I've used and is too powerful and flexible to give
up.