-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Drive everywhere spam

  • From: "Wyatt M. Portendt" <nunyabidness6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 18:05:10 -0500

That phone number *has* to be traceable somehow.  Check the area code,
contact the state's Attorney General for that code and maybe they will go
after them.  The SPAM is probably a lot harder to trace.  The FTC will take
SPAM complaints as well as a few internet sites.  If you have the time,
pursue it.  The scum are costing all of us a lot of time and money.  A call
or letter to your ISP may or may not help.  Most ISP's are as tired of it
as we are, 'cause it costs them server space and bandwidth - for which they
pay a pretty good lick.  But, they take time to trace, unless they are
stupid, in which case they don't last long.

Good luck.

~~~~~~~~~

On 10/21/2002 at 8:01 PM a whisper was heard, and the one known as L. Cruz
was rumoured to have uttered....

          |  Another spam I received, and this one I think is
          |  just plain criminal.
          |
          |  Could someone please tell me where I can report it... or if it
          |  would do any
          |  good to report it at all!
          |
          |  Lil

*******
All the preceding is solely my own opinion not necessarily held by any
other person in any other place at any other time.  No warranty express or
implied.  Author takes no responsibility for the accuracy or usefulness of
this or any rebutttal information.  If you do not agree with this post,
please click delete and move on.