-=PCTechTalk=- Re: CD ROM Drive-Update

  • From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 19:10:56 -0500

Sandi,
    Most likely, the lens is too close to the surface of the disk, so the
brush may be close enough to the lens to cause damage.  It only makes sense
if the lens is REALLY close, though.  The bristles won't do any harm, so
maybe they are concerned about the tiny bit of glue holding the brush in
place.  Of course, I'm just guessing here, so ...         :O)

Peace,
GMan
http://reddit.com
"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"