-=PCTechTalk=- Re: CD Burner(2)

  • From: "Barnstoneworth" <barneystorm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:57:01 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "DH (Rick) Holmes" <hayvan@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2003 10:53 PM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: CD Burner(2)

> Darryl and Andy
> Thanks.
>
> Yep, music CD's do everything normally.  The new CD's, following what
> you said, Andy, appear to have responded to being 'quick erased' in
> Nero. Can't understand that as they are brand new, pristine discs. But
> the first one I did this morning, has agreed to open, accept a file, and
> then be erased again, in the proper way!  That was after telling me to
> insert a disk in Drive E when there was one there already.
> Oh........I have never finalised a CD to my knowledge.
> AM I going around the twist?  No! Gone LOL.
>
> Thanks for the help fellas.

About 'Finalising A Disk'

OK, from another message you've sent, I think you are using Nero to burn,
right?

I don't know which version you've got, I'm on V6 here, but I'm pretty sure
this bit is the same whatever version you are on.

In Nero, it isn't called 'Finalising a disc' as such..When you start the
burn process, you will see a tab called multisession..it asks you if you
want to start a multi-session disc or no multisession..if you select
multi-session, the disc will remain 'open' to have more data written to it,
but reading a disc left in this state can be problematical for some drives.
I have a writer that will write multi-session discs, but won't read them!!
If you are writing a disc that you know you aren't going to want to add
anything else to, always select NO multisession.

This applies to CD-r or CD-RW discs (Though, obviously, you can stil erase a
CD-RW)

Cheers

Andy