-=PCTechTalk=- Re: CD Burner(2)

  • From: "DH (Rick) Holmes" <hayvan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:53:13 +1200

Darryl and Andy
Thanks.

Yep, music CD's do everything normally.  The new CD's, following what
you said, Andy, appear to have responded to being 'quick erased' in
Nero. Can't understand that as they are brand new, pristine discs. But
the first one I did this morning, has agreed to open, accept a file, and
then be erased again, in the proper way!  That was after telling me to
insert a disk in Drive E when there was one there already.
Oh........I have never finalised a CD to my knowledge.
AM I going around the twist?  No! Gone LOL.

Thanks for the help fellas.

Rick H

BTW As a matter of interest, this is my 10th day of super high speed
access to the net. My 56K modem is complaining of idleness. Our local
electricity distribution authority (CountiesPower) has been reticulating
the business district with fibreoptic cable.  For us beyond this area,
transmission towers are being, or have been, built to interconnect with
the fibre.  Monday of last week was the day of installation for me, and
on Tuesday everything was up and running.  Coinciding with this the
subsidiary company (Wired Country) announced a 10X increase in speed at
no extra charge. So now I am getting 1560Kbps. Anybody green with envy?
It is absolutely incredible, and I get virtually instant response to
websites in UK, USA, anywhere. Additionally, my phone line is not busy
all the time.  VOIP is in the short pipe line.  Ain't life grand?