[pchelpers] Re: not meaning to change the suject but......

  • From: PcCowboy <saddle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 07:19:01 -0600

tnpudding wrote:

>Now not meaning to change the subject can anyone tell me why the resolution
>on the TV program  I have in my pc makes the picture look like it's moving
>in frames? It's just like looking at someone on a web camera and the sound
>comes after the picture. There is a place in the program to go to and set
>the time shifting. There are three settings normal, good, and optimal. I've
>tried them all. Funny thing is they have a screen picture in there so you
>can see what the color and such look like before you click ok and in there
>the time shifting is perfect but when it goes full screen it goes back to
>being out of sync. It's a winfast PVR. Any tweaks I can do? Any suggestion
>would be appreciated.

Hi Pen

I have been using the Winfast XP2000 for a year now. Some of the things
that you mentioned got me confused.
Timeshifting has to do with the recording of the program. If your
computer is fast enough you are able to
record a TV program and watch it at the same time on your computer
monitor. In other words, you can hit record
and watch it. If you have to leave you can hit pause and it will still
be recording, but the part you are watching
will stop. Then you come back and start watching it again from where you
left off, but in the background
it is still recording the rest of the program.
 The setting for normal, good, and optimal is the setting for the
quality of the recording. I myself have never used
the timeshifting mode. I just use the normal record mode. I set it to
record at vcd format (mpg) then burn it to cd
and watch it in my DVD player later on.

A decent recording depends on the speed of the cpu, the memory, and the
speed of the Hard-drive and  you have to
keep it defragged. Have you downloaded the new PVR program for the
Winfast? They have made a few improvements
that I like in the operation of it. It is easier to set up the timer
recorder now.

My setup is that I have the cable running to a VCR and then the VCR run
to my Winfast card. The VCR  acts like a booster
in that it cleans up the signal Also I have the advantage of recording
my VCR tapes to the computer and burning them to cd/dvd.

You must also remember the limitations of the OS. From ME on down
(FAT32/FAT16) I think there is a 2 gig limit on the file size.
In XP (NTFS) the files size is unlimited. I'm assuming you have the book
that came with the card, it is very helpful on how to setup and run
the program.

The picture quality that you see on your monitor depends on the monitor
itself and the Videocard that you have. A poor quality videocard
could be a bottleneck and dropping frames when sending to your monitor.

Now are you really confused? Then my mission is done. 8-)
 Let me know the specs of your computer and videocard and Directx.

Pc