[pchelpers] Re: Shutdown causes a restart occasionally

  • From: "Cyril Halbach" <kr3y@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 19:04:34 -0500

Ed, Good Question.  Yes it happens when I click on SHUTDOWN and yes it acts
something like RESTART.

I feel that it is the cable modem because:
1. I did not have the problem until I installed the Cable a couple of days
ago. 2. The Adelphia Technician commented that this was not an uncommon
problem
3. I looked at the BIOS settings and could find nothing that dealt with
permitting the LAN to hold up the power shutdown.
4.  I checked Power Management in ME but could find nothing there to provide
any changes for this problem.

    What I need:
Suggestions,
    Where in the Operating system do I go to find other things that relate
to power?
    I have tried a few WEB searches but have not found anything specifically
addressing the problem except for Windows 2000.

Cy