[pchelpers] Re: Ram

  • From: "s.l-c.o" <s.l-c.o@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 23:07:42 -0400

Trudy, thank you for that suggestion. I will do that when it happens again.
Sanna

Sometimes my computer is fine but other times it becomes very sluggish and I
wonder if it could be that these extra 'downloads' could be weighing it
down.

Hi Sanna,
When your computer is running slow again, I would get the Task Manager up
( you hit Ctrl/ALT/DEL at the same time). There you look at which
application is using a lot of memory. If you are not sure what this one is,
you can check in google. If you know what it is and you don't need it right
now, you can tell the Task Manager to turn it off. See if that helps.

I agree with Jackie who said 512 RAM is not much, but it should be enough to
run Windows. See, if there is enough extra room on your hard drive, Windows
will take some of that memory and use it as virtual memory to add to your
RAM (you would get a message saying that Windows had increased the size of
your paging file). If you don't ever see this message, the problem should
not be your amount of RAM.
Trudy