[pchelpers] Re: Ram

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 09:53:29 -0700

Sanna, I suspect you've got malware on that machine if you're being
asked to buy something. 512m of ram is pretty low, but that's not
what's causing this. I'm rather suspecting also that your external
drive may have gotten infected as well. Your inability to provide me
w/exact msgs is a handicap.

I would advise that u start your pc up in safe mode & scan w/AVG. U do
this by shutting down the computer completely, e.g., choose 'Shut
Down' from the start menu. Once the machine starts booting back up,
hit the f8 key repeatedly until presented w/a menu, then choose 'Safe
Mode' from the options that appear. Just 'Safe Mode'--no other
options.

--
Blame the computer--why not? It can't defend itself & occasionally
might even be the culprit