[pchelpers] Re: CD/DVD hardware

  • From: "Louis M Hall" <lhall1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 15:29:20 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "PcCowboy" <saddle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004

> Thought I bring up another point. Look to see if your Home DVD player
> can play jpg or Kodak.  These are
> movies and shows that is burned to a cd-r that can play in your home
> DVD player. I would have to re-encode them to mpg ( which is what
> vcd uses) I would also have to encode them small enough where
> 1 hour would fit on a 80 min cd-r. >>

And much more good information in the above post from PCcowboy.

I received my Win Fast TV Card which is now installed. It was simple enough to
install excepting for working around the crazy
wiring where I have a TV, VCR,
95 and XP computer networked, cassette player and recorder and other nonsense
hooked together. The FM is not working yet, but
that's not of great importance.

My DVD, a $60.00 Toshiba from Sam's does play  jpg, Kodak Picture CD,
Fujicolor CD, Canon Quick CD, CD-ROM, CD-R (74 min. only) where CD-RW is "not"
recommended, by the book with some other notes,
whatever not means.

Whatever, I will next print PCcowboy's email and try some of his suggestions
before I move along to a CD burner and Direct X.  A
few channels of TV are a little hazy.
According to my cable and CD provider, TVs and VCRs,  outside of the line to
the room where I have my computers,  those TVs and
VCRs have a booster to upgrade the cable signal. The cable line for my stuff
where the computer is installed by passes the
booster. The cable man explained this was necessary as the booster would causes
a problem if on the line where I receive my
internet signal.??????

There is great help on this list.