[pchelpers] Re: CD/DVD hardware

  • From: "Louis M Hall" <lhall1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 12:46:48 -0600

Thanks P.C, for the specifics.

I plan to get the Optorite DD0401 which has come out recently. The main
difference that I see is:

"HD-BURN allows conventional CD-R media (700MB) to double the writing capacity
(1.4GB)."  Then there information that indicates
an entire, but regular length, DVD movies with trailers can be put on one DVD
disk with the DD401. The price, as I remember, is
$132.00.

But, to get to another question:

In researching about installation, I seem to get the impression that this is an
internal CD/DVD burner that will be put into the
slot where OEM CD is now located. So, I gather that this is a replacement. Is
this the right way to go, internal verses
external?

Thanks Again,

Lou