[pchelpers] Re: Downloading-Copying DVD movies

  • From: PcCowboy <saddle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 17:03:31 -0600

>I found a site for the software, DVD X, at about $60.00 that allowed one =
>to make one copy of a DVD. Does this work, and is it practicle? In their =
>claim as to legality about copying one DVD, is this a rental DVD, or one =
>that a person has published?
>
>Any direction you can send me will be appreciated.

One thing to keep in mind is that a DVD movie can be up to 8 gigs big.
The DVD that you can burn in your burner is only 4.7 gig. So you will
need 2 DVD-+R to copy one DVD movie.
DVD X is what i use.
DVD X will do this all for you. It will split the movie and burn the two
parts
to two DVDs.
Remember that legally you can only make one backup copy of a DVD movie
that you own. I make backup copies of my DVD movies and then put them up
and only play the copies. DVDs will scratch you know.

Pc