:) What you can't do in java you can do in perl

  • From: "Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco" <jreyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:10:34 -0400

Before anything apologizes to Jared, because he is not only on of the best
expert in perl, but too loves Perl.

But as you know I'm a developer too (that is the reason for the strange
behaviour), so I have to learn java anyway, and java is into oracle too, so
this will be useful two times.

I was dowloaded every thing to start to use perl, and I was going to buy
Jared's dba on Perl book, but I asked my self, why to use perl if I can use
java too do the same software done in perl.
I had investigated, and the reason to use perl, is not perl by itself, else
the lots of libraries done to oracle, including graphics, etc. (and free)

But my question is if someone who knows could please answer.

What you can do in perl, you can't do in java.?
Or why to use perl if you are an expert in java (I'm not but I'll have to be
if I want to keep my job)?

Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco
OCP