RE: :) What you can't do in java you can do in perl

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sorr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 17:28:49 -0400

http://utopia.knoware.nl/~hlub/uck/rlwrap/p5httpd.pod.html

Mark J. Bobak
Oracle DBA
ProQuest Company
Ann Arbor, MI

-----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Orr, Steve
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 5:07 PM
To: jkstill@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: :) What you can't do in java you can do in perl

> DBI is the best open source database interface available.
Having done both Perl and Python I'll concede that DBI DBD::Oracle is
superior. But the Python equivalent has been good enough for my
purposes. Attesting to Python's glue-between-systems-and-software
capabilities (like Perl), someone has developed a Python interface to
DBI. It doesn't seem to be used much in the Python community and it
seemed too weird so I never looked into it.=3D20

Steve Orr
Certifiable, former Perl dude, burgeoning Pythonista, Perlmonger
executioner :-)

Btw, I've used and even developed my own HTTP web servers in Python. (I
demo'd it in my IOUG presentation.) Where can I find such a thing in
Perl?