RE: Restore old backup to new database name

  • From: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 14:34:45 -0500

Update:

This worked.  Next time we will just point the dev server at the
production backup location.   Thanks for any help clearing up the fine
points.

Was easier than restore/rename although I appreciate the fine points
given here as well.  Thanks also to Robert Freeman for addressing
exactly the rename issue.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904 727-2546