RE: Restore old backup to new database name

  • From: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kat.axe@xxxxxxxxx>, <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 15:25:27 -0500

Yes duplicating I understand.   'restoring to a different name' is what
I was referring too.

Duplicating is the easier way to go as it will duplicate right into a
new database name and structure.   But it's not working and I'm trying
to figure out why.   See last response to Allen.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904 727-2546

From: Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx]

I don't see in these documents how to restore to a different database
name.

attachments hereto. Please advise immediately if you or your employer do
not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind. Opinions,
conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to
the official business of this company shall be understood as neither
given nor endorsed by it.