Re: How to troubleshoot heavy RAM consumption

  • From: Neil Kodner <nkodner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Paul Drake <bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 12:42:13 -0700

Great advice.  I'll look at sessions by PGA usage in v$process.  I didn't
realize that the pga_aggregate_target was that soft of a limit.   Is there a
better source for determining exactly what, at the session level, is eating
up the PGA memory?

What are some factors that can contribute to sessions using, and hanging on
to pga?

As far as parallel goes, we're not doing a whole lot during business hours.