RE: Restore old backup to new database name

  • From: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 15:23:22 -0500

Well its not working?

I don't know if I need the 2/26/10 backup restored to both production
and test server, or if I need to catalog 'start with' first because the
controlfile doesn't know about them because the redundancy policy is set
for three days.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904 727-2546

From: Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx]

I don't see in these documents how to restore to a different database
name.

attachments hereto. Please advise immediately if you or your employer do
not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind. Opinions,
conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to
the official business of this company shall be understood as neither
given nor endorsed by it.