RE: Restore old backup to new database name

  • To: <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 15:04:47 -0500

Thank you,  I don't see in these documents how to restore to a different
database name.  I am trying to refresh a test database with an old
production backup, (2/26/10).

The only work around I have is to restore to a 3rd server with the same
name, and then duplicate that one.

With the old user defined cold/hot backups I could just restore the
files and recreate the controlfile with the new name and new file
locations... trying basicly to do the same thing using rman, but I don't
ever see examples of restoring to a different database name.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904 727-2546