RE: RMAN error (ORA-19502)

  • From: Andrey Goryunov <goryunov@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Syed Jaffar Hussain <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 11:41:32 +1030

Hello,

thank you for your information.
We put the file on a client side (it was not there) with the same value (262144)
as on a server side, but, unfortunately, it did not help.

The backup failed with the same error during channel release.

At the same time, the database has BACKUP_TAPE_IO_SLAVES = FALSE.
I am planning to change it to TRUE this weekend.
Will see if it helps.

Thanks,
Andrey Goryunov

Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 18:48:31 +0300From: sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxxxx:
goryunov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Re: RMAN error (ORA-19502)CC:
oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andrey,

We have resolved the issue. Bouncing database server doesn't help neither.
What changes we did was that we looked into the value of NET_BUFFER_SZ file on
the client (database host) and on the netbackup server side. The value in the
file is different, in fact, client file has higher value than the server file
value. Upon synchronizing client value with Server side file value resolved our
issue and backup started running without any problems.

I hope this would give you some hint to resolve your probelm as well.

On 5/29/07, Andrey Goryunov <goryunov@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, thank you for the response. Have you tried to change timeout settings for
Veritas? Regards,Andrey Goryunov

Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 09:35:00 +0300From: sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxxxx:
goryunov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Re: RMAN error (ORA-19502)CC:
oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey Andrey,

We too are facing the exact situation when we are backing up our 1.7 TB
datawarehouse database using VERITAS netbackup, Oracle v9R2 (9205) on HP
Superdome.
Veritas saying that this is due to the connection/communication drop from
network of one of the channel specified.
We tried even with 1 channel, but, the result is the same. However, the case is
still open with Veritas support and we are going to apply few HP patches and
Veritas patchs.
In our case, the only change was that we move few of our datafiles to a new
storage. However, this should not be the sure stopper.
We are going to shutdown the sever, luckly we got downtime and try the backup
again. This started all of sudden without any positive reasons.
I will update this thread if we solve the problem.
On 5/29/07, Andrey Goryunov <goryunov@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello, There is a problem with one of backups for 9.2.0.6 (64-bit) database on
AIX 5.3 - 01. The RMAN backup script sends the following error:  released
channel: ch00released channel: ch01released channel: ch02released channel:
ch03released channel: ch04released channel: ch05released channel: ch06released
channel: ch07released channel: ch08released channel: ch09RMAN-00571:
===========================================================RMAN-00569:
=============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============RMAN-00571:
===========================================================RMAN-03009: failure
of backup command on ch04 channel at 05/29/2007 04:51:58ORA-19502: write error
on file "blmerq01.daily_hot_appl.0705290106_s5923", blockno 6864385
(blocksize=512)ORA-27030: skgfwrt: sbtwrite2 returned errorORA-19511: Error
received from media manager layer, error text:   VxBSASendData: Failed with
error:   Server Status:  Communication with the server has not been iniatated
or the server status has not been retrieved from the server.  RMAN> Recovery
Manager complete.   The script backups datafiles to tapes using VERITAS
NetBackup for Oracle - Release 5.1The channels are allocated using the
command:ALLOCATE CHANNEL ch<n> TYPE 'SBT_TAPE' trace=2; trace=2 was added to
get additional info The tracing generates trace files with the error: entering
sbterror on line 2692 return from sbterror on line 2703SKGFQ OSD: Error in
function sbtwrite2 on line 1034 entering sbterror on line 2692return from
sbterror on line 2703SKGFQ OSD: Error in function sbtclose2 on line 1304   Does
anybody know something about the problem or how to reveal it? Thank you very
much,Andrey Goryunov

Get news, entertainment and everything you care about at Live.com. Check it
out!-- Best Regards,Syed Jaffar HussainOracle ACE8i,9i & 10g OCP
DBAhttp://jaffardba.blogspot.com/
http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#hussain
 "Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."

Explore the seven wonders of the world Learn more!-- Best Regards,Syed Jaffar
HussainOracle ACE8i,9i & 10g OCP
DBAhttp://jaffardba.blogspot.com/http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#hussain----------------------------------------------------------------------------------"Winners
 don't do different things. They do things differently."
Discover the new Windows Vista