Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 09:35:00 +0300
From: sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx
To: goryunov@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: RMAN error (ORA-19502)
CC: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey Andrey,

We too are facing the exact situation when we are backing up our 1.7 TB
datawarehouse database using VERITAS netbackup, Oracle v9R2 (9205) on HP
Superdome.
Veritas saying that this is due to the connection/communication drop from
network of one of the channel specified.
We tried even with 1 channel, but, the result is the same. However, the
case is still open with Veritas support and we are going to apply few HP
patches and Veritas patchs.
In our case, the only change was that we move few of our datafiles to a
new storage. However, this should not be the sure stopper.
We are going to shutdown the sever, luckly we got downtime and try the
backup again. This started all of sudden without any positive reasons.
I will update this thread if we solve the problem.

On 5/29/07, *Andrey Goryunov* <goryunov@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

There is a problem with one of backups for 9.2.0.6 (64-bit) database on
AIX 5.3 - 01. The RMAN backup script sends the following error:

released channel: ch00
released channel: ch01
released channel: ch02
released channel: ch03
released channel: ch04
released channel: ch05
released channel: ch06
released channel: ch07
released channel: ch08
released channel: ch09
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on ch04 channel at 05/29/2007
04:51:58
ORA-19502: write error on file "blmerq01.daily_hot_appl.0705290106_s5923",
blockno 6864385 (blocksize=512)
ORA-27030: skgfwrt: sbtwrite2 returned error
ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:
   VxBSASendData: Failed with error:
   Server Status:  Communication with the server has not been iniatated or
the server status has not been retrieved from the server.

RMAN>

Recovery Manager complete.

The script backups datafiles to tapes using VERITAS NetBackup for Oracle -
Release 5.1
The channels are allocated using the command:
ALLOCATE CHANNEL ch<n> TYPE 'SBT_TAPE' trace=2;
trace=2 was added to get additional info

The tracing generates trace files with the error:

entering sbterror on line 2692
return from sbterror on line 2703
SKGFQ OSD: Error in function sbtwrite2 on line 1034
entering sbterror on line 2692
return from sbterror on line 2703
SKGFQ OSD: Error in function sbtclose2 on line 1304

Does anybody know something about the problem or how to reveal it?

Thank you very much,
Andrey Goryunov

------------------------------
Get news, entertainment and everything you care about at
Live.com<http://live.com/>.
Check it out! <http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx+>

--
Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain

http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/
http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#hussain

"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."

Explore the seven wonders of the world Learn
more!<http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=7+wonders+world&mkt=en-US&form=QBRE>