Re: RMAN error (ORA-19502)

  • From: Andreas Piesk <a.piesk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 23:58:44 +0200

Syed Jaffar Hussain schrieb:

The server has 4 databases running on it.
Other three databases RMAN backup works fine.
Surprisingly, archive logs backup is okay, single datafile or set of tables, single tablespace or set of tablespaces backup also run without any problems. The problem comes when trying to backup complete database.

does always the same channel reports the error? does the same happens when you decrease the number of channels?

as i had my little firewall problem i monitored the network connections with 'netstat' to see when exactly the network connections were terminated. helped me a lot to pin down the cause of the problem.

regards,
-ap