Oracle VM ?

  • From: "Nilo Segura" <nilosegura@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 00:38:31 +0100

Hello,

Now that Oracle has announced the "existence" of the Oracle VM
"thing", do people think that this is actually useful to run your DBs
on ?

Personally I only see this as convenient way to run test/experimental
environments, but I do not see it in a fully critical production
environment. Should we see this as an alternative to Oracle Resource
Manager perhaps ?

Any remarks/thoughts on this ? I did miss the announcement so I ignore
if they already gave some scenerarios where this could be used.

Any remarks/thoughts ?

p.s OpenWorld is really far too big, I miss the days when it was justs
the RDBMS and associated development tools...
-
Nilo Segura
Oracle Support - IT/DES
CERN - Geneva