Re: Oracle VM

That is incorrect.  VMware can run directly on the bare metal.
"VMware ESX and VMware ESXi are “bare-metal” hypervisors, meaning they
install directly on top of the physical server and partition it into
multiple virtual machines that can run simultaneously, sharing the
physical resources of the underlying server"
http://www.vmware.com/products/esx/

--
Regards,
Greg Rahn