RE: Oracle VM ?

  • From: "Freeman, Donald" <dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Freeman, Donald" <dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 09:48:35 -0500

At the meeting the VM guy basically bragged about VM's high
availibility.  All the DB storage is on a SAN.  He seemed to feel that
he could replicate a VM partition to another server and basically
provide both HA and DR.  He didn't feel the need to mention rack space,
heat, power or any of that other stuff. The servers cost a fraction of
the cost of software so that's not a plus.  He thinks his solution is as
good as or better than RAC for HA and DR.  I know the devil is in the
details.  After I gather a few rocks to throw here and other places I'll
meet with him and throw down : ).