RE: OT moment of doubt

  • From: "Marquez, Chris" <cmarquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 16:15:49 -0400

>>depends on how well you can sell [it]
"We had a database failure and our environment doesn't have the capacity for
proper backups.
I no longer want to work in an environment like that."

How is that?  :o)

Seriously, when I first started in Oracle I was in a big shop and critical
databases.
I Sr. DBA turned to me and said..."don't do something stupid...I can find
another job, you can not."

Not sure if we was looking out for me, was aware of my incompetence, or just
didn't wan to fix my mistakes!
Turns out he was looking after me...a good DBA and a genuine guy.

I knew one Sr. DBA that would run to the *customer* and say...
"I did not do it and I told him not to do it!".
What is the name for that?..."unemployed" as it turns out.
 ;o)

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA