Re: OT moment of doubt

  • From: Robyn <robyn.sands@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wbfergus@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 15:21:35 -0400

I had one major 'onosecond' many years when I had to move a database off of
VMS and it was the last, only VMS server in the company. I had an export
stored on every server I had access to, and had to clear the entire server,
install the new os, install Oracle, recreate the database and hope to god
the database imported and checked out ok. (it was)
Killing that file system was the scariest thing I ever did; I don't think I
breathed the whole time ...

And yes, I still double/triple check and hold my breath using rm ...

Robyn