Van: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Namens Carel-Jan Engel
Verzonden: woensdag 15 juni 2005 22:41
Aan: sorr@xxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Onderwerp: RE: OT moment of doubt

Jareds method is what I use most of the times.
When I'm really unsure, I run a small loop like (Apologies Jared, this still
isn't perl):
for file in *.dbf
do
   echo mv ${file} ${file}.GONE
done

When the results are OK, command history is my friend to repeat the whole
thing without the echo.

After a while, the *.GONE files can safely be removed. (Be sure the
essential program didn't have them opened al the time, unaware of the
renaming)

Just my $0.02

Carel-Jan

===
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (Derek Bok) ===