RE: OT - Orientation for developers new to Oracle

  • From: "Reidy, Ron" <Ron.Reidy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brian.peasey@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 08:43:18 -0600

1.  Concepts manual
2.  SQL*Plus manual
3.  PL/SQL developer's guide
4.  Tuning manual

--
Ron Reidy
Lead DBA
Array BioPharma, Inc

-----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of BP
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 8:40 AM
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: OT - Orientation for developers new to Oracle

Hi everyone,

I'm working in a medium sized insurance company here in Canada and have
been tasked to prepare and deliver 1/2 day of training for our
developers who will be working against a new Oracle installation. Most
know SQL and but come from a VB/SQL Server background.

So far I have a rough outline that includes:
Overview of the Oracle Database (datatypes and terminology) Connecting
to Oracle SQL and Oracle (bind variables!) Misc. (object naming
conventions, etc.) Manuals and ref material.

Any suggestions you could send my way would be very helpful.

Best Regarsd,
Brian Peasey
http://oracle-exam-study-groups.com

information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is
intended
sender  of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us by